- TVS Supply Chain files addendum to DRHP as it turns profitable in H1
- Investing it wisely: Mutual fund investors 'buying low & selling high'
- Sebi bars former MSEI MD&CEO for six months over multiple violations
- UTI AMC, Punjab National Bank shares jump on the stake sale plans
- Sebi issues rules for managing technical glitches, cyber security threats
- AMCs to be penalised for delay in dividend, redemption payments: Sebi
- Nifty PSU Bank index m-cap crosses Rs 10 trillion in intra-day trade
- Budget 2023: MFs seek LTCG exemption for longer-term equity investments
- Sebi reduces timelines for redemption amount, dividend payout to 7 days
- Global shares mixed as investors eye China covid crisis, Japan inflation
Sensex ends choppy day 337pts down; Nifty atop 17,600; banks dip, FMCG gain
CLOSING BELL: Sectorally, indices ended mixed with the Nifty FMCG index rising over 1 per cent, while the Nifty Bank, and Financial Services indices falling up to 1.4 per cent each
Stock market highlights: Benchmark indices swung in trade on Thursday as investors digested a 75-basis point interest rate hike by the US Federal Reserve. Besides, the weekly F&O derivatives expiry added to the volatility.
The S&P BSE Sensex gyrated 625 points intra-day before closing at 59,120, down 337 points or 0.57 per cent. The NSE Nifty50, on the other hand, settled at 17,630, down 89 points or 0.50 per cent.
The broader markets, on the contrary, ended in the positive zone, with the BSE MidCap and SmallCap indices advancing up to 0.5 per cent.
Sectorally, indices ended mixed with the Nifty FMCG index rising over 1 per cent, while the Nifty Bank, and Financial Services indices falling up to 1.4 per cent each.