Vedanta surged nearly 8 per cent to a high of Rs 354 in early deals on the BSE on Tuesday after nearly 7 per cent of total equity of metal company changed hands via multiple block deals. The stock has rallied 15 per cent in past two trading days in otherwise weak market. At 09:35 am; the stock was trading 7 per cent higher at Rs 351.55, as compared to 0.27 per cent decline in Nifty50 index. A combined 251.86 million equity shares or 6.77 per cent of total equity of Vedanta have changed hands on the NSE and BSE, the exchanges data shows. The names of the buyers and sellers are not ascertained immediately.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Why Moody's improved outlook on India might require a discerning look
Statsguru: Charting key factors, challenges behind India's credit ratings
Vedanta rallies 6%, hits over three-year high
Piramal Ent dips 5% on profit booking on demerger plan of pharma biz
Moody's upgrades YES Bank's rating to B2; outlook 'positive'
Stocks to Watch: DLF, Airtel, Vedanta, Cadila, Escorts, Voda Idea, Zen Tech
MARKET: Sensex off lows, tests 58,200; Nifty tests 17,300; Paytm up 5%
Bears can drag Sensex towards 57,000
Nasdaq, S&P 500 end down after hitting record highs; Microsoft falls 1%
Paytm's listing flop likely to hit other IPOs: BharatPe's Ashneer Grover