State Bank of India (SBI) shares surpassed the Rs 300-mark on the BSE, surging 5.2 per cent in the intra-day session, and hit a high of Rs 308 on Wednesday. In the past two months, the stock of India's largest public sector lender has leapfrogged 25 per cent at the bourses as against a 13.5 per cent rise in the benchmark S&P BSE Sensex. It took the stock nearly 65 trading sessions to jump from Rs 200 to Rs 300. It hit Rs 200-mark on October 14, on a closing basis.
The stock was the top performing stock on the Nifty bank index today, and supported the index to claim a fresh record high. In the intra-day session, Nifty Bank index touched fresh life-time high of 32,683.5 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), soaring 100 per cent from March lows.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, January 13 2021. 11:49 IST