With the government granting permission for 5G trials over a period of six months, the bruised telecom sector is certain that the next round of spectrum auction won’t be held anytime before 2022. Telcos had maintained that an early 5G spectrum auction would drain the industry even further, and the latest signal from the government would mean a cushion of several months. Therefore, a relief for at least some players, as 5G spectrum auction would involve big bucks in search of game-changer applications and services.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, May 05 2021. 21:54 IST