Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www.business-standard.com or the Business Standard newspaper
India has resoundingly re-elected the Narendra Modi-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) for the next five years. Given its majority in Parliament, this will be a stable government with a clear mandate, and this provides the new government a historic opportunity to transform India’s economic landscape.
Clearly, the government has to continue with all the good work it has been doing over the past five years — reforming the banking sector, sharpening the roll-out of GST and investing in building core infrastructure. In addition, the economy has run into a bit of a soft patch which needs to be addressed immediately. The automobile sector is going through a slowdown, the aviation sector is in a difficult spot, and many corporations are clearly hesitant about making further investments. This has to be dealt with expeditiously. A few key actions by the government can put us on a more sustainable economic trajectory so that more Indians are able to reap th
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.