Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the US representative from New York 14th congressional district (NY14), on April 8 reiterated her controversial views on environmental racism and its relation with the Covid-19 pandemic. In a Twitter post, she said black and brown communities in the US “have long been treated as dump yards. Trucking and waste sites spike respiratory and other disease”. The provocation of the tweet was a race-wise break up given out by governor Andrew Cuomo, New York’s most familiar face these days who is on television every day briefing about the pandemic.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, April 21 2020. 23:21 IST