The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council, in its 27th meeting on May 4, decided on a move to a single monthly return to be furnished by the seller. And, to make GST Network (GSTN), the levy's information technology backbone, fully government-owned. It sent the issue of levying a cess on sugar and incentivising digital transactions to a group of ministers. The problems of exporters were not even on the agenda.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.