He’s taught economics at the Florida Atlantic University, dabbled in private equity with Morgan Stanley and Warburg Pincus, worked with the governments of Chad, Gabon and China during a stint with the World Bank, associated closely with people he affectionately refers to as “Andhrapreneurs” as CEO of IDFC, converted IDFC into a bank and led it through its recent merger with Capital First, set up Lok Capital (as a philanthropic initiative in 2004) and is in the process of setting up Social Finance India to create an ecosystem for impact investing in the country. He’s also adding the finishing touches to a detailed essay that he hopes will morph into his first book at some stage.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, May 10 2019. 20:21 IST