Something is surreal in the state of business in India, and nothing captures it better than Tuesday’s newspapers. The headlines were dominated by reports on the attack by armed goons too cowardly to show their faces against students at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). The turbulence of those photos stood in stark contrast to a posed snap of a group of grinning industrialists (all men, all old) surrounding Prime Minister Narendra Modi, recording a meeting called to discuss how to jog the economy out of its becalmed state.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, January 09 2020. 00:15 IST