The Italian government has revealed more about the spread within the country of coronavirus, which the World Health Organization calls Covid-19, and which first emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year. Italy said the death toll from the virus had jumped by almost 100 to 463, causing it to overtake South Korea as the worst-hit country after the People’s Republic of China. It now has over 9,000 confirmed cases of Covid-19, although many cases of infection might have been missed in collating this total. Italy has one of the highest median ages in the world, and older people are more susceptible to the negative effects of coronavirus.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, March 11 2020. 00:08 IST