The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has always been looked upon as an autonomous body; under its umbrella come all the commercial banks, be they public sector undertakings or private banks or foreign banks. It is an independent body that decides on crucial decisions affecting bank rates, repo rates et al and also monitors, on a regular basis, the functioning of all banks.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, November 01 2018. 20:55 IST