A lot of attention is paid to ease of doing business rankings since they impact perceptions about the government and drive investments. High ease of doing business rankings, however, don’t translate into high ease of living rankings for citizens. There is some focus now on the ease of living index for citizens. Both the Ministry of Rural Development and the Ministry of Urban Affairs have come out with their own versions of the ease of living index for various areas.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.