Each day of the past week was seen as a red-letter day for the start-up world as six internet-led firms turned unicorn in quick succession. Celebrations were thick and fast, acknowledging the value of entrepreneurship. The message was that India’s finally arrived on the scene where a $1-billion valuation for a privately-held start-up was not a once in a blue moon phenomenon any longer.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, April 13 2021. 23:56 IST