With barely a fortnight to go for the March 31 deadline, you need to act fast if you wish to qualify for the Section 80EEB benefit. This section was introduced in the 2019 Union Budget to promote the usage of electric vehicles (EVs).
Suresh Surana, founder, RSM India, says, “Section 80EEB of the Income-Tax (I-T) Act, 1961, provides a deduction on interest paid on a loan taken from a financial institution to purchase an EV. A deduction of up to Rs 1.5 lakh can be availed under this section, provided a few conditions are fulfilled.”
Vivek Jalan, partner, Tax Connect Advisory, adds, “Section 80 EEB can lead to a tax benefit of around Rs 47,000 per annum.”
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.