Income Tax return: File a rectification request to expedite stuck refund

Correct your mistake or provide additional information required by Department so that your return gets processed

ITR filing

Bindisha Sarang Mumbai
If you had filed your Income-Tax Return (ITR) ahead of the December 31 extended deadline, you would have received your refund by now. If you have not, then you need to understand why it has got stuck and take certain steps.  

Additional documents required

One common reason for not receiving the refund is that the Income-Tax (I-T) Department requires additional documents to process it. Amay Jain, associate, Victoriam Legalis Advocates & Solicitors says, “In such a case, the Department will give the assessee an opportunity to submit the required documents.” Contact the assessing officer concerned, submit the required documents, and

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Jan 24 2022 | 2:06 PM IST

Explore News

To read the full story, subscribe to BS Premium now, at just Rs 249/ month.

Key stories on are available only to BS Premium subscribers.

Register to