Fear can be a great motivator. In the time of the Covid-19 crisis, many want to avoid public transport and shared vehicles in order to avoid infection. In such a situation, many who are holding on to their money, are going for pre-owned vehicles instead of new ones, just to avoid a higher EMI. But did you know that banks allow you to customise your EMIs? Sahil Arora, Director, Paisabazaar says, "Many lenders have started offering step-up and balloon repayment options to car loan borrowers." Many auto companies have also tied up with lenders to offer different versions of these repayment options, with some even offering a combination of the two. Banks themselves offer car loan EMI repayment options that are custom fit minus the tie-up. While all the offerings vary slightly, the basic principles behind the payment remain the same. It makes EMI and loans affordable, so understanding the basics is the first step.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, September 04 2020. 16:43 IST