Gross premium underwritten by non-life insurers, which include general insurers, standalone health insurers, and specialised PSU insurers, in March grew by 23 per cent year-on-year (YoY) to Rs 19,298.85 crore from Rs 15,635.42 crore in the year-ago period. For the full year (FY21), however, the non-life insurers recorded a 5.2 per cent growth in premiums at Rs 1.98 trillion over Rs 1.88 trillion in FY20.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.