After a prolonged slowdown, there appears to be a real possibility of an upturn in the residential real estate market in 2021. A recent report from Jefferies says a new cycle could begin this year as both end users and investors reenter the market. It expects inventory to decline to an eight-year low by the end of 2021, and prices to rise 10 per cent plus over the next two years. End users who have been sitting on the fence need to act fast.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sat, January 16 2021. 06:10 IST