- Maharashtra govt formation: Uddhav holds meeting with Shiv Sena legislators
- Sharad Pawar outwitted Chanakya of Indian politics: NCP takes a jibe at BJP
- Maharashtra govt formation LIVE: BJP moves SC against post-poll alliance
- Congress slams terror-accused MP Pragya's appointment to defence panel
- Amit Shah slams Congress over Artcle 370, Ayodhya verdict in Jharkhand
- Pragya Thakur nominated to Parliamentary Defence Panel; Twitter flares up
- Cong seeks JPC probe into electoral bonds, says it's threat to democracy
- Maharashtra govt formation LIVE: Key Congress, NCP meeting under way
- Congress-NCP to hold joint meeting on govt formation today: Chavan
- Will soon stake claim to form govt with Congress and Shiv Sena, says NCP
Maharashtra govt formation LIVE: Uddhav to lead govt for 5 yrs, says Pawar
Maharashtra government formation LIVE updates: Shiv Sena, NCP, Congress alliance - likely to be christened 'Maha Vikas Aghadi' -may be formally announced today
Maharashtra government formation LIVE updates: Maharashtra's political impasse is likely to end today with the Shiv Sena, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) and the Congress Party inching towards sealing a deal. Giving last-minute touches to the tie-up, Uddhav Thackeray and his son Aaditya met NCP chief Sharad Pawar late night on Thursday. The Shiv Sena's Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Raut was also present at the meeting.
Today, a series of meetings have been lined up in Mumbai of the Shiv Sena, Congress, later Congress-NCP and their allies and finally among the top leaders of Sena-NCP-Congress.
It's expected that the three parties alliance - likely to be christened 'Maha Vikas Aghadi', will be formally announced.
The Maharashtra Assembly elections were fought by two alliances - BJP-Shiv Sena and Congress-NCP. The BJP-Shiv Sena coalition comfortably crossed the majority mark. However, the saffron parties severed ties with each other and as none of the political parties succeeded in getting the numbers, Maharashtra governor imposed President's rule on the state.