- Gupkar alliance leaders agree to attend PM Modi's all-party meeting
- Now, Rashtra Manch to invite leaders from the Congress to next meet
- Rahul Gandhi takes dig at govt, says prices will come down during elections
- PM has done more for farmers than what was done in past 70 years: Nadda
- Sharad Pawar hosts meeting of opposition leaders to discuss various issues
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi parries queries on opposition leaders' meeting
- End politics, time for everyone to gain from vaccination: Mayawati
- Mizoram BJP unit urges CM to resolve boundary dispute with Assam, Tripura
- UP BJP vice prez Sharma says PM Modi's name enough to win 2022 state polls
- Rahul Gandhi takes lead to resolve Punjab Congress crisis, meets leaders
Maharashtra govt formation LIVE: Uddhav to lead govt for 5 yrs, says Pawar
Maharashtra government formation LIVE updates: Shiv Sena, NCP, Congress alliance - likely to be christened 'Maha Vikas Aghadi' -may be formally announced today
Maharashtra government formation LIVE updates: Maharashtra's political impasse is likely to end today with the Shiv Sena, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) and the Congress Party inching towards sealing a deal. Giving last-minute touches to the tie-up, Uddhav Thackeray and his son Aaditya met NCP chief Sharad Pawar late night on Thursday. The Shiv Sena's Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Raut was also present at the meeting.
Today, a series of meetings have been lined up in Mumbai of the Shiv Sena, Congress, later Congress-NCP and their allies and finally among the top leaders of Sena-NCP-Congress.
It's expected that the three parties alliance - likely to be christened 'Maha Vikas Aghadi', will be formally announced.
The Maharashtra Assembly elections were fought by two alliances - BJP-Shiv Sena and Congress-NCP. The BJP-Shiv Sena coalition comfortably crossed the majority mark. However, the saffron parties severed ties with each other and as none of the political parties succeeded in getting the numbers, Maharashtra governor imposed President's rule on the state.