From breaking taboos, connecting with the masses through Mann Ki Baat to giving a push to Khadi and promoting 'Vocal for local', Prime Minister Narendra Modi has managed to strike the right chords that resonate with rural India. Despite a record-high unemployment rate, a slowing economy and widespread agrarian distress, Indians overwhelmingly back PM Modi. With Modi turning 70 today, a look at 10 of his initiatives that have made a difference to the lives of citizens.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, September 17 2020. 08:59 IST