- Karnataka floor test: Kumaraswamy moves confidence motion in Assembly
- RS passes NIA Bill, Opposition members fear for safety of minorities
- 'Anti-patriotic': RSS wing says India must not issue foreign currency bonds
- PM Narendra Modi pulls up Ministers for shirking Parliamentary duties
- Rahul exempted from personal appearance in 'Modi surname' defamation case
- Karnataka crisis: 'Resignations have to be accepted', rebel MLAs tell SC
- Karnataka's Congress-JDS govt to face floor test on July 18, says Speaker
- General can't say no to a posting: CM on Sidhu quitting after Cabinet rejig
- Adityanath govt's promises of Rs 1 trn development projects yet to take off
- Child trafficking widespread across India, West Bengal worst affected
Parliament highlights: PM pitches for majority govt; Cong slams Rafale deal
PM Modi took potshots at Rahul Gandhi over the Rafale issue and made a strong pitch for electing a majority government in national interest, as he addressed the 16th Lok Sabha for the final time
The 16th Lok Sabha at its final sitting on Wednesday passed the Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2018, and the Jalianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2018, before being adjourned sine die.
The Rajya Sabha was also adjourned sine die after passing Interim Budget 2019-20 and Finance Bill 2019-20 without debate. However, the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019, and Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2018, were not taken up.
Besides, a Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report on acquisitions for the Indian Air Force, tabled in the Rajya Sabha, said that the Rafale fighter jet deal signed by the NDA government was 2.86 per cent cheaper than the price negotiated by the UPA government.