- Opposition supports govt after Pulwama attack; all-party meeting today
- Pulwama terror attack: Rajnath Singh helps carry coffin of slain CRPF jawan
- How Sharad Pawar,Chandrababu Naidu became Opposition's strategists
- BJP wants to drive out tribals and poor farmers from forests: Rahul
- Congress has 'more or less' ruled out alliance with AAP: Kejriwal
- Ahead of Lok Sabha polls, Opposition leaders gather in unity to target BJP
- Rahul should apologise, withdraw allegations on Rafale deal, says BJP
- Oppn unites against Modi, to present common minimum agenda for 2019 polls
- Oppn leaders say democracy in peril; Mamata slams Modi and Shah, warns Cong
- Mulayam creates flutter in Lok Sabha, says wishes to see Modi as PM again
Parliament highlights: PM pitches for majority govt; Cong slams Rafale deal
PM Modi took potshots at Rahul Gandhi over the Rafale issue and made a strong pitch for electing a majority government in national interest, as he addressed the 16th Lok Sabha for the final time
The 16th Lok Sabha at its final sitting on Wednesday passed the Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2018, and the Jalianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2018, before being adjourned sine die.
The Rajya Sabha was also adjourned sine die after passing Interim Budget 2019-20 and Finance Bill 2019-20 without debate. However, the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019, and Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2018, were not taken up.
Besides, a Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report on acquisitions for the Indian Air Force, tabled in the Rajya Sabha, said that the Rafale fighter jet deal signed by the NDA government was 2.86 per cent cheaper than the price negotiated by the UPA government.