- Assembly elections: BJP takes stock of state of affairs after setbacks
- BJP govt in UP spent 4 years hiding behind rhetoric, lies: Akhilesh
- Waves of tax collection epidemic continuously coming: Rahul on fuel prices
- Lakshadweep row: Patel not afraid of stepping on toes on way to 'reform'
- Why is BJP wary of projecting Adityanath as a 'star' in UP Assembly polls?
- Uttarakhand CM Tirath Singh Rawat may take Gangotri route to enter Assembly
- Kejriwal should implement Centre's one nation one ration card scheme: BJP
- BJP to train 100,000 health volunteers in essential medical services
- Will remain CM as long as high command has confidence in me: Yediyurappa
- Incidents of violence will put humanity to shame: Governor tells Mamata
Parliament highlights: PM pitches for majority govt; Cong slams Rafale deal
PM Modi took potshots at Rahul Gandhi over the Rafale issue and made a strong pitch for electing a majority government in national interest, as he addressed the 16th Lok Sabha for the final time
The 16th Lok Sabha at its final sitting on Wednesday passed the Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2018, and the Jalianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2018, before being adjourned sine die.
The Rajya Sabha was also adjourned sine die after passing Interim Budget 2019-20 and Finance Bill 2019-20 without debate. However, the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019, and Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2018, were not taken up.
Besides, a Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report on acquisitions for the Indian Air Force, tabled in the Rajya Sabha, said that the Rafale fighter jet deal signed by the NDA government was 2.86 per cent cheaper than the price negotiated by the UPA government.