- Lok Sabha elections 2019: BJP to begin its outreach program from Feb 26
- RJD scion Tejashwi Yadav's official bungalow shows his disregard for rules
- You have desire, dedication but not the means to follow your dreams? TAP it
- 'Not possible for all to get government jobs', says Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- It is a testing time for our country's democratic spirit
- Kejriwal to sit on indefinite fast from March 1 for full statehood to Delhi
- BJP needs no advice as it has PM Modi: Chidambaram on Jaitley's Hooda jibe
- 'Prime time' minister Modi continued photoshoot 3 hrs after Pulwama: Rahul
- Narendra Modi receives Seoul Peace Prize, dedicates it to 1.3 bn Indians
- Lok Sabha polls: Six Oppn parties to discuss common plank on Feb 27
Parliament highlights: PM pitches for majority govt; Cong slams Rafale deal
PM Modi took potshots at Rahul Gandhi over the Rafale issue and made a strong pitch for electing a majority government in national interest, as he addressed the 16th Lok Sabha for the final time
The 16th Lok Sabha at its final sitting on Wednesday passed the Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2018, and the Jalianwala Bagh National Memorial (Amendment) Bill, 2018, before being adjourned sine die.
The Rajya Sabha was also adjourned sine die after passing Interim Budget 2019-20 and Finance Bill 2019-20 without debate. However, the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019, and Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2018, were not taken up.
Besides, a Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report on acquisitions for the Indian Air Force, tabled in the Rajya Sabha, said that the Rafale fighter jet deal signed by the NDA government was 2.86 per cent cheaper than the price negotiated by the UPA government.