You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Catholic order reaches USD 1M settlement over sexual abuse

AP  |  Boston (US) 

A Roman Catholic order has agreed to pay USD 1 million to eight people who say they were sexually abused by two priests in

The Globe reports said yesterday the settlement with his clients and the Order of Saint Augustine was decided last month.

The Augustinians say they settled due to a "desire to promote healing."

Garabedian says five men and three women were abused by the Revs. and in the 1970s and early 1980s. The victims were 9 to 12 years old at the time.

Garabedian says one of the victims wrote about her abuse to the late Cardinal Bernard Law, which proved that the former of knew of sexual abuse by priests.

Both Gallagher and Turnbull have since died.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, July 18 2018. 10:25 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU