You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Chg: 1 labourer dies, 2 critical after inhaling poisonous gas

Press Trust of India  |  Rajnandgaon 

A labourer died and three others took ill apparently after inhaling a while cleaning a processing chamber at a paper mill in Chhattisgarh's district, the police said today.

The condition of two of the four labourers is critical, a said.

"The incident occurred last evening in Dhanlaxmi Paper Mill at Jhika village when the maintenance work was underway," said Station House Officer, station, Ashirwad Rahatgaonkar.

As per preliminary information, four labourers passed out after entering the processing chamber, he said.

The workers nearby the chamber brought the four labourers out, he said, adding that they were rushed to a local hospital by the mill management.

One of them, identified as Kamlesh Sen (25) was declared dead on arrival by doctors at the hospital, he said.

The deceased hailed from

Bhootnath Mahto and Vinod Gautam were shifted to Raipur in view of their critical condition, the SHO said, adding that another labourer Chandresh Nishad is undergoing treatment at district hospital.

Preliminary investigation suggested that the labourers had inhaled some inside the chamber containing waste paper material, the said.

However, the exact of the death is not known yet, he said.

A case has been registered and further investigation is on.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, August 08 2018. 21:05 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU