Malayalam film director Nadirshah was today questioned by police in connection with the case of alleged abduction and assault of an actress in February.
Nadirshah appeared before the probe team at Aluva Police Club here and was questioned for around five hours, police officials said.
Talking to reporters after emerging from the club, the director said everything necessary for proving his innocence in the case has been conveyed to the police.
Nadirshah had earlier appeared before the police on Friday for questioning in the same case but could not be quizzed as he had to be hospitalised due to "uneasiness".
The questioning of the director, a close friend of Malayalam film actor Dileep, who has been arrested on the charge of conspiracy in the case, was subsequently postponed after he was declared unfit by medical experts on Friday.
Nadirshah told reporters that he still believes that Dileep is innocent.
He said he has also told the police that he had no link with 'Pulsar' Suni, the prime accused in the case.
The Kerala High Court is scheduled to consider his anticipatory bail petition tomorrow.
Opposing the anticipatory bail plea, the prosecution had informed the court that there was sufficient material to show that Nadirshah had telephonic talks with Suni.
Dileep and Nadirshah were questioned on June 29 by police in view of some revelations made by Suni.
The police have claimed that the conspiracy to abduct and assault the actress in a moving car and film the act was hatched by Dileep.
The actress, who has worked in Tamil and Telugu films, was abducted and allegedly molested inside her car for two hours by the accused, who had forced their way into the vehicle on February 17 night and later escaped in a busy area in Kochi.
Six persons, including Suni, have been arrested in connection with the case.
Dileep, arrested on July 10 on the charge of hatching the conspiracy with Suni to assault the actress out of personal grudge, is now under judicial custody.
A magistrate court in Angamaly will consider his fresh bail plea tomorrow.
The high court had dismissed Dileep's second bail petition before it on August 29, after considering the evidence against the actor produced by the prosecution in a sealed cover.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)