The nine-minute exhibition in Japan will have no official winner or loser if it goes the distance, and Mayweather said at a press availability at his training base in Las Vegas on Thursday that he was looking forward to the event as a chance to sample "something different".
Mayweather added that there and won't be any judges present and the bout would not count on the combatants' official fight records.
"It is all about the entertainment," Mayweather said. "Nine minutes of entertainment .... I'm in the entertainment business." Besides three-minute rounds, the exhibition will take place at 67kg (147 pounds), feature "straight boxing rules" and eight-ounce boxing gloves.
"This will be full contact competition but the bout is not going on boxing or MMA records," a Mayweather spokesperson said in a news release. Nasukawa, also in Vegas Thursday, said he hopes his countrymen will get behind the show.
"There has never been a Japanese fighter to face Floyd Mayweather in the ring. I would like to make a big impression," said the 20-year-old, who is 27-0 with 21 KOs as a featherweight kickboxer.
"I want to get the whole fight community, the whole country of Japan and the entire world involved in this fight.
Thursday's press event came almost a month after 41-year-old retired welterweight champ Mayweather (50-0, 27 KOs) announced he had scrapped plans to stage a fight with Nasukawa, indicating he had been duped into agreeing to a contest.
"I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa," Mayweather wrote on Instagram.
At that time, Mayweather described the match to TMZ Sports as "a little boxing exhibition" with no kicking involved.
There was no mention Thursday of a US broadcaster, an undercard, or how much money Mayweather would receive for the spectacle.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)