- No salary cuts; police, healthcare workers to get priority: Maharashtra CM
- Railways' move to suspend services contradicts social distancing message
- Stung by coronavirus, markets log biggest yearly loss in FY20 since 2009
- Govt to borrow Rs 4.88 trn, 62.56% of gross target in April-Sept period
- Fiscal deficit for April-February touches 135.2% of Revised Estimates
- Rise in petroleum production drives core sector output to 11-month high
- IBDI Bank grants moratorium on term loans amid Covid-19 disruption
ICC Women's T20 WC: IND vs ENG semi called off; India makes maiden final
If the second semifinal between South Africa and reigning champions Australia is also washed out then the Proteas will advance to the summit clash since they topped its group
Sydney Cricket Ground. Photo: @T20WorldCup
The unbeaten run in the group stage propelled India into its maiden ICC Women's T20 World Cup final after its semifinal clash against England cricket team was washed out at Sydney Cricket Ground on Thursday. Persistent rain since morning delayed the toss and eventually, the semifinal was called off without a ball being bowled.
India, led by Harmanpreet Kaur, had topped Group A with four victories in as many matches while England had finished second in Group B with three wins and a defeat. England had ended runners-up in the previous edition.
If the second semifinal between South Africa and reigning champions Australia is also washed out then the Proteas will advance to the summit clash since they topped its group. The ICC Women's T20 World Cup will take place on March 8 (Sunday).