The contemporary world celebrates various 'special days'. Be it Valentine's day or Mothers Day, they are celebrated as a mark to display certain exclusivity and to signify the importance. However, certain people critical to this popular culture believe these are merely GDP enhancing initiatives, designed to make you spend in the name of an emotion that you just discovered.
Taking it a notch forward, the world is celebrating 'World Emoji Day' today.
World Emoji Day is an unofficial holiday celebrated on July 17. The day is deemed a "global celebration of emoji" and is celebrated with emoji events and product releases. Celebrated annually since 2014, it is Twitter's top trending item on July 17, 2018.
World Emoji Day is "the brainchild of Jeremy Burge" according to CNBC who stated that &qu
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.