The Bihar government has directed district authorities to display the "logo" of the state-sponsored 'Mukhya Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana' (MMGAY) in all houses that are being constructed under the scheme in the rural areas. In a recent circular issued to all Deputy Development Commissioners (DDCs) and other concerned officials of the district administration, the state Rural Development department has asked the DDCs to ensure the display of the logo in all houses being constructed under the MMGAY and 'Mukhya Mantri Vas Sthal Kraya Sahayata Yojana'. Bihar Rural Development minister Sharvan Kumar said that houses built under Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) before 1996 have become dilapidated. Families belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Extremely Backward Classes (EBC) reside in them. These families don't get benefits from the Central government's ongoing housing schemes as they had already been provided funds under the IAY. "But now their houses are in shabby condition
CBI further submitted that the remaining sanctions are expected to be received within a week. Noting the submissions, the Court listed the matter for further hearing on September 21
"In this case, the Lok Sabha Privileges Committee has called seven officials of Patna on September 21 to provide oral evidence"
This will be Shah's sixth visit to the state in one year since his party was ousted from power in the state in August 2022
The Centre has not provided Bihar with fresh targets under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G) for the last three years, though around 13 lakh families are waiting for houses in the state, Rural Development Minister Sharvan Kumar claimed. He asserted that several letters were sent to Union Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Giriraj Singh, urging him to allocate fresh target for Bihar, but the state did not get it for 2018-19, 2022-23 and 2023-24. The opposition BJP, however, accused the Bihar government of playing politics over the issue, and claimed that the state administration is not ready to submit work completion reports or fund utilisation certificates on time. Eligible beneficiaries get financial assistance from both central and state governments to build pucca houses in rural areas under the PMAY-G scheme. According to the Centre's notification, the PMAY-G aims to construct 2.95 crore houses across rural India to achieve the vision of "Housing for All"
Manjhi said if Shravan Kumar is saying something consider it being said by Nitish Kumar
He also said that further strategies for the general elections will be discussed in the next meeting of the Opposition's alliance in Mumbai
Sandeep Pathak addressed the leaders of the Bihar Organization at AAP Headquarters in Delhi and said that it is necessary to have a strong organisation to contest elections in Bihar
The Bihar government has advised private secretaries of state ministers, other than those picked up from the administrative services, not to meddle in the functioning of the departments concerned. In a missive on Friday, Bihar Chief Secretary Amir Subhani asked all the additional chief secretaries of the departments to ensure that such private secretaries refrain from correspondence or oral communication with department officials and confine themselves to "non-government" functions of the minister. "In the absence of any clear-cut guidelines pertaining to the work allocation/distribution among private secretaries (administrative services) and private secretaries (private) of ministers, it is becoming difficult to define their roles in the day to day functioning. "Therefore, after a detailed deliberation, it has been decided that private secretaries (administrative services) will do all inter-departmental communications on behalf of the concerned minister/ department on the direction
State universities across Bihar have been directed to forbid students from sitting in examinations if they have less than 75 per cent attendance. A communication to this effect has been issued to all vice-chancellors (VCs) by the office of Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar, who happens to be the chancellor of the state universities. In a letter (dated August 23) to all VCs, Robert L Chongthu, principal secretary to the governor, said, "Students having less than 75 per cent attendance shall not be allowed to appear in university examinations. It is directed that the examination forms of those students whose attendance is less than 75 per cent should not be accepted. In special cases only (those having valid reasons), students having less than 75 per cent attendance will be allowed to appear in university examinations after proper scrutiny." "It has come to the notice that colleges are allowing students having less than 75 per cent attendance to appear in university exams. The ...
The actor bought the latest model of Land Rover Defender SUV which is known for its top speed as it takes only 5 to 7 seconds to reach 240 kilometres per hour
The Supreme Court Monday told the petitioners challenging the Patna High Court order giving the go-ahead to the Bihar government for a caste survey that it will not stay the exercise unless they made out a prima facie case against it. The top court also allowed Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, representing the Centre, to file its response on the issue within seven days after he said the survey could have some consequences. "We are not this way or that way. But this exercise may have some consequences and hence we would like to file our reply," Mehta said but did not elaborate on the consequences the contentious exercise could possibly have. A bench of Justices Sanjiv Khanna and SVN Bhatti, which is hearing a batch of pleas filed by various NGOs and individuals challenging the August 1 verdict of the high court, adjourned the proceedings at Mehta's request. Senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi, appearing for one of the petitioners, sought the court's direction restraining the state governm
Unidentified miscreants opened fire outside a restaurant at Bhagwanpur Rewa Road area in Bihar's Muzaffarpur, police said on Sunday. No one was injured in the incident, they said. Four persons on motorcycles reportedly fired several rounds late on Saturday when a birthday party was being held at the restaurant, police said. We are are analysing the CCTV footage and will soon nab the accused. Prima facie, it appears that the firing was meant to scare people inside the restaurant, SP, City (Muzaffarpur), Arvind Pratap Singh told reporters. Further investigation is underway, he added.
The journalist was shot dead by four men at around 5:30 am in Raniganj market area in Bihar's Araria
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on Wednesday approved seven multi-tracking projects of Indian Railways at an estimated cost of around Rs 32,500 crore, Union minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said. The proposed projects will help increase the existing line capacity, smoothen train operations, reduce congestion and facilitate ease of travelling and transportation. The projects covering 35 districts in nine states -- Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Odisha, Jharkhand and West Bengal -- will increase the existing network of Indian Railways by 2,339 km.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Tuesday said the Mahagathbandhan government in the state will attain its target of providing 20 lakh jobs to its youths by next year. The government has ensured at least 30 per cent job reservation for women and has always given top priority to educating girls as an all-round development of society cannot be achieved without women, he said addressing the Independence Day function at Gandhi Maidan here. He lambasted the Narendra Modi government at the Centre for not giving special status to Bihar, which, he claimed would have made unimaginable progress had the long-standing demand for it was met. "We are making do with whatever resources we can marshal," he said. Maintaining communal harmony and peace in the state and providing better health facilities are the top priority of the Bihar government, the chief minister said. Last year, we had announced 10 lakh government jobs to the youths of Bihar and an additional 10 lakh employment opportunities in
Union minister Nityanand Rai on Saturday rejected Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's charge that former Lok Janshakti Party president Chirag Paswan had worked as a BJP agent in the assembly polls nearly three years ago. Rai alleged that Paswan, whom we never wanted to quit the NDA had parted ways because of the arrogance of Kumar, the JD(U)'s supreme leader, whom he also charged with having lost touch with public sentiment. It is false to say that we wanted to weaken Nitish Kumar in the 2020 assembly polls. His party fared much worse than the BJP because he has lost touch with public sentiment. His arrogance had become a big problem and it was the only reason why Chirag Paswan had to break apart, claimed Rai, a former Bihar BJP president. Paswan had fielded LJP candidates, many of them BJP rebels, in all seats contested by the JD(U) which finished with a tally of 43, a steep decline since 2015 when it had won 71 seats. Though BJP chose to stick to its alliance with Kumar, Paswan .
The Bihar board has started the registration for the Bihar Secondary Teacher Eligibility Test (STET) 2023 on Wednesday, August 9. Check the full details below
The Bihar cabinet on Tuesday gave its nod to a proposal to double the ex gratia amount to Rs 2 lakh for the death of migrant workers from the state in other parts of the country and abroad. Family members of deceased migrant labourers from Bihar used to get Rs 1 lakh as an ex gratia amount, which was last revised in 2008, an official said. The decision to hike the ex gratia amount was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. Talking to reporters, Additional Chief Secretary S Siddhartha said, "The state government has decided to increase the ex-gratia payment for the death of Bihar's migrant labourers in the event of a natural disaster or accident in other parts of the country or abroad within 180 days of the event." The proposal was placed before the cabinet by the state labour resources department. "There was a provision of providing ex gratia of Rs 1 lakh only to the family members of deceased migrants. It was last revised in 2008. Now, they will get an
A petition has been filed in the Supreme Court challenging the Patna High Court order upholding the validity of a caste survey in Bihar, contending the notification issued by the state government for the exercise is against the constitutional mandate. The plea filed by Nalanda resident Akhilesh Kumar submitted that in terms of the constitutional mandate, only the Union fovernment is empowered to conduct a census. "In the present case, the State of Bihar has sought to usurp the powers of Union of India, by merely publishing a notification in the official gazette. "It is submitted that the Notification dated June 6, 2022 is against the Constitutional mandate of distribution of powers between the State and the Union legislature as enshrined under Article 246 of the Constitution read with Schedule VIIth of the Constitution and ultravires the Census Act, 1948 read with Census Rules, 1990 and is therefore void ab intio (since beginning)," the plea, filed through advocate Barun Kumar Sinha