The Danish foreign minister on Saturday scolded the Trump administration for its tone in criticising Denmark and Greenland, saying his country is already investing more into Arctic security and remains open to more cooperation with the US. Foreign Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen made the remarks in a video posted to social media after US Vice President JD Vance's visit to the strategic island. Later Saturday, though, US President Donald Trump maintained an aggressive tone, telling NBC News that I never take military force off the table" in regards to acquiring Greenland. Many accusations and many allegations have been made. And of course we are open to criticism, Rasmussen said speaking in English. But let me be completely honest: we do not appreciate the tone in which it is being delivered. This is not how you speak to your close allies. And I still consider Denmark and the United States to be close allies. Greenland is a territory of Denmark, which is a NATO ally of the United Stat
The chat did not appear to include any names or precise locations of Houthi militants being targeted or to disclose information that could have been used to target
US vows continued military action to protect shipping routes, launches major strikes against Yemen's Houthi rebels as tensions escalate
Five former secretaries of defence are calling on Congress to hold immediate hearings on President Donald Trump's recent firings of the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and several other senior military leaders, according to a letter obtained by The Associated Press. The five men - who represented Republican and Democratic administrations over the past three decades - said the dismissals were alarming, raised troubling questions about the administration's desire to politicise the military" and removed legal constraints on the president's power. Late last week, Trump fired Air Force Gen. CQ Brown Jr as chairman of the Joint Chiefs. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth followed that by firing Adm. Lisa Franchetti, chief of naval operations; Gen. Jim Slife, vice chief of the Air Force; and the judge advocates general for the military services. Hegseth has defended the firing of Brown, saying that other presidents made changes in military personnel and that Trump deserves to pick his own
Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth said Monday that he was replacing the top lawyers for the military services because he didn't think they were well-suited to provide recommendations when lawful orders are given. Speaking at the start of a meeting with Saudi Arabia's defence minister, Hegseth refused to answer a question about why the Trump administration has selected a retired general to be the next Joint Chiefs chairman, when he doesn't meet the legal qualifications for the job. President Donald Trump on Friday abruptly fired the chairman, Air Force Gen. CQ Brown Jr., and Hegseth followed that by firing Navy Adm. Lisa Franchetti, the chief of naval operations, and Air Force Gen. James Slife, the vice chief of the Air Force. He also said he was requesting nominations for the jobs of judge advocate general, or JAG, for the Army, Navy and Air Force. He did not identify the lawyers by name. The Navy JAG, Vice Adm. Christopher French, retired about two months ago, and there was already a
Trump said he'd nominate retired Air Force Lieutenant General Dan Caine in place of chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Charles Q. Brown
Opposition parties allege that the deportees were handcuffed and humiliated
The US military has conducted coordinated airstrikes against Islamic State operatives in Somalia, the first attacks in the African nation during President Donald Trump's second term. Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth said Saturday that the strikes by US Africa Command were directed by Trump and coordinated with Somalia's government. An initial assessment by the Pentagon indicated that multiple operatives were killed. The Pentagon said is assesses no civilians were harmed in the strikes. Trump, in a post on social media, said a senior IS planner and recruits were targeted in the operation. The strikes destroyed the caves they live in, and killed many terrorists without, in any way, harming civilians. Our Military has targeted this ISIS Attack Planner for years, but Biden and his cronies wouldn't act quickly enough to get the job done. I did! Trump said. The message to ISIS and all others who would attack Americans is that WE WILL FIND YOU, AND WE WILL KILL YOU! Trump did not identify
Hegseth's nomination was divisive, as the military's top job has historically gone to candidates with deep experience running large organizations and who enjoy broad bipartisan support
The US military says it carried out a wave of strikes against what it said were underground arms facilities of Yemen's Iran-backed Houthi rebels. US Central Command said in a statement that Wednesday's strikes targeted weapons used by the rebels to attack ships in the Red Sea. The Houthis said seven strikes targeted sites in the rebel-held capital, Sanaa, and the northern Amran province, without providing further details. There were no immediate reports of casualties. The United States and its allies have carried out repeated strikes on the Houthis, who have continued to target shipping. The rebels say they target ships linked to Israel, the US or the UK to force an end to Israel's war against Hamas in Gaza. However, many of the ships attacked have little or no connection to the conflict, including some bound for Iran.
The step follows China's strong objection to the United States authorising a potential $385-million sale of spare parts and support for F-16 jets and radars to Taiwan
The situation highlights the increasing fragility of open source AI software. It also means users of Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger, some versions of which use Llama may inadvertently
THAAD, or the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system, is a critical part of the US military's layered air defense systems
US Navy is shifting its focus towards maximising efficiency and leveraging cutting-edge technologies
Yemen's Houthi rebels shot down two American MQ-9 Reaper drones in under a week, the United States military acknowledged Wednesday, further highlighting the regional spread of the Israel-Hamas war. As the one-year anniversary of the war approaches, Houthis continue a campaign to target ships travelling through the Red Sea as US-led airstrikes pound their positions in Yemen. That's imperiled a waterway that typically sees USD 1 trillion of trade pass through it, as well as crucial shipments of aid to war-torn Sudan and Yemen. The US military said Houthis shot down the first Reaper on September 10, and the second on Monday. Online video showed the downing and the flaming wreckage on the ground afterward in Yemen's Dhamar province. General Atomics Reapers, which cost around USD 30 million apiece, can fly at altitudes up to 50,000 feet (15,240 metres) and have an endurance of up to 24 hours before needing to land. The aircraft have been flown by both the US military and the CIA over Yem
The effort, called the Secure Enclave, aims to establish a steady supply of cutting-edge chips for defense and intelligence purposes
The withdrawal of US troops from Niger is complete, an American official said Monday. A small number of military personnel assigned to guard the US Embassy remain, Pentagon spokesperson Sabrina Singh told reporters. Earlier this year, Niger's ruling junta ended an agreement that allowed US troops to operate in the West African country. A few months later, officials from both countries said in a joint statement that US troops would complete their withdrawal by the middle of September. The US handed over its last military bases in Niger to local authorities last month, but about two dozen American soldiers had remained in Niger, largely for administrative duties related to the withdrawal, Singh said. Niger's ouster of American troops following a coup last year has broad ramifications for Washington because it's forcing troops to abandon critical bases that were used for counterterrorism missions in the Sahel. Groups linked to al-Qaida and the Islamic State group operate in the vast .
Song allegedly tried to hack individuals working at major research universities in Georgia and five other states as well as private-sector aerospace companies, according to the statement
The joint war exercise of the armies of India and the US began on Monday at the Foreign Training Node in Mahajan Field Firing Range in Rajasthan, an official said. The 20th edition of the Indo-US joint military war exercise will continue till September 22, Defence spokesperson Amitabh Sharma said in a statement. This war exercise is organised every year since 2004 by the armies of India and the Unites States of America. Sharma said this edition marks a significant increase in the scope and complexity of the joint exercise in terms of military power and equipment. The Indian military contingent of 600 soldiers is being represented by a battalion of the Rajput Regiment as well as personnel from other armed and military services. The same number of American soldiers are participating in the war exercise. The aim of this joint exercise is to enhance the joint military capability of both sides to conduct counter-terrorism operations under the seventh chapter of the United Nations (UN)
The 15 ISIS operatives who were killed were "armed with numerous weapons, grenades, and explosive 'suicide' belts," US Central Command said in a statement