You are here: Home » Companies » News » Telecom
Business Standard

Reliance Jio is still a second option for 82% telecom users

About 86% of Jio users intend to continue using its services in future, despite call drop issues

Khalid Anzar  |  New Delhi 

Reliance Jio Infocomm has managed to expand its subscriber base to a staggering 112 million but only 18 per cent of the subscribers use Jio’s service as standalone and the other 82 per cent use it as their secondary connection, according to a report released by Bengaluru-based market research agency Velocity MR.   Reliance Jio disrupted the telecom space with its affordable plans wherein consumers are charged only for data consumption and other services such as voice calls, SMS and apps are offered as complimentary services. The company still managed to retain most of its ...


Key stories on are available to premium subscribers only.


REMEMBER ME Forgot password?

Not a member yet ? Resister Now

Connect using any below

  • Don't lose the opportunity of saving $26.77 per month
  • Don't lose the opportunity of saving $26.77 per month
Total Amount
Rs. 0.00
To proceed, kindly select a subscription package


On Business Standard Digital

  • Access your subscription from anywhere. Be it your computer, tablet or smartphone using a browser or the App, Your Choice.
  • Access to exclusive content, features, opinions and comment, hand-picked by our editors, just for you.
  • Pick your 5 favourite companies. Get all the news upates at the end of each day through E-Mail.
  • Pick the industry that you want to track. And get a daily news letter specific to that industry. Cut out the clutter.
  • And stay on top of your investments. Track stock prices in your portfolio
  • Access 18 years of archival data

On Digital

  • Seamless access to with your Business Standard digital account.
  • Experience the best of the Journal's reporting, video and interactive features.
  • Read about the people and events shaping business, finance, technology, politics, technology and culture.
  • Stay informed with newsletters - an easy way to get WSJ content straight to your inbox - making life easier on your busiest days.
  • More business executives read the Journal globally than any other publication.
*Note :
Our Partners are proud to be associated with this initiative and will contribute Rs 100 x 6 months thereafter, standard rate of Rs 149 will be charged.
Offer valid for Indian residents only
Requires you to share personal information like PAN, Date of Birth, and Income.
*Annual saving on WSJ subscription price of US$ 347.88 (12 months @ US$ 28.99 per month)
* 1US$ = 67.50 INR.
*Please note that this offer is not valid if you are/were a registered/existing user on WSJ Digital
First Published: Tue, June 20 2017. 13:11 IST