ALSO READUPSC-2017 Invites Applications for Assistant Director (Chemistry) UPSC-2017 Invites Applications for Assistant Executive Engineer UPSC-2017 invites applications for Assistant Mechanical Engineer UPSC-2017 Invites Applications for Assistant Professor (Ophthalmology) UPSC-2017 Invites Applications for Assistant Professor (Radio-Therapy)
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is inviting applications for the post Assistant Director (Physical Education) to be hired by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Pahargaon, Port Blair under Andaman and Nicobar Island Administration. Candidates willing to take up the post can apply for the same till November 2, 2017 (Thursday). The number of vacancy is 1 reserved for UR (1), OBC (0), SC (0) and ST (0). The qualified candidate would be paid as PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100 plus AGP of Rs. 6000 Emoluments Rs.48, 600/- (Excluding HRA and SCA). The location is Port Blair, Andaman Nicobar Islands. The post carries probation of one year.
Age: Not exceeding 35 years (Relaxable for Govt. Servants up to 5 years’ in accordance with instructions or orders issued by the central Govt.)
- Master’s Degree in Physical Education with 55% marks OR Master’s Degree in Sports Science with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with a consistently good academic record.
- Record of having represented the University/ Collegeat the Inter-University/ Inter-College competitions or the State and/ or National Championships.
- Passed in the National Eligibility Test (NET) OR SLET/ SET for recruitment and appointment as University Assistant Director of Physical Education/ College Director of Physical Education and Sports.
- Passed the physical fitness test conducted in accordance with the norms specified under
12 minutes run/walk test (Female): Up to 30 years: 1000, Up to 40 years: 800, Up to 45 years: 600 and Up to 50 years: 400.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Teach students the physical fitness techniques, sports playing, and guide them toward living a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Instruct and coach students to play on interactive sports teams against each other, motivate them during exercises.
- Perform any other assignment/duties assigned by superiors.
- Organize inter college sports competitions.
- Arranging continuous drill disaster preventions activities for the students.
- Conducting NSS Campus other National Integrity Camp to motivate the students.
- Visit the official online portal of UPSC here.
- Search for the New Registration and click on the same. (Direct link here)
- Fill in the required details and you will get your Registration ID and password.
- Go back to the Existing Vacancies Page and search for Post Name ‘ Assistant Director (Physical Education)’ with Apply Now button. Hit the button.
- Enter your Registration ID and Password along with Captcha code given there.
- Follow the online instructions. (More details on the online instructions here)
Documents for Interview:
Qualified and eligible candidates will receive official communication from the Commission for interview. Candidates shortlisted for interview on the basis of the information provided in the online applications submitted by them will be required to send self-attested copies of documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application as and when demanded by the Commission.
Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's prestigious central recruiting agency that conducts appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. It was known as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935 and was then renamed as today's Union Public Service Commission after the independence.