Ashok Leyland has taken a significant step towards achieving its goal of becoming a top-10 commercial vehicle (CV) company globally, with new Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) products under the 'BADA Dost' brand. The company has invested around Rs 350 crore in a new platform, from which one new product will be launched every three months for the next 2-2.5 years, for the both global and domestic markets.
The CV major has said that LCV will be one of the three major levers to drive company's future growth.
This will be the first platform completely designed and launched by Ashok Leyland after the company broke its JV with Nissan few years back.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Defence, LCV and buses to be key growth levers at Ashok Leyland: Chairman
Ashok Leyland M&HCV sales volume dips 75% in July, LCV drops 32%
Ashok Leyland's M&HCV sales decline by 52% YoY in August, LCV by 3%
Ashok Leyland domestic sales decline 90% at 1,277 units amid Covid-19
Ashok Leyland reports zero sales in April as lockdown adds to woes
Renewable, T&D assets dominate PFC & REC loan books as thermal loses steam
Carlyle, SoftBank put on waiting list for Reliance Retail stake: Report
Tiger Global, others invest $225 mn in parent of IPL title sponsor Dream 11
Facebook India names ex Ola exec Arun Srinivas Head for Global Business
We are full-out on capacity in batteries: Eveready's Amritanshu Khaitan