Cipla was at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic, whether by tying up with MNCs for products like remdesivir or tocilizumab, or ramping up production of drugs that are more common but still necessary. Having won the Company of the Year Award for 2020-21, Cipla’s executive vice-chairperson SAMINA HAMIED and managing director and global chief executive officer UMANG VOHRA spoke with Sohini Das about their experience of the pandemic and their plans for inorganic growth. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.