The week began with the government proposing a slew of changes in the consumer protection rules that, besides protecting the interest of consumers, aim to make e-commerce companies more accountable and responsible. The rules have created quite a stir among companies, with some anticipating a change in their business structure if these are implemented. Why are e-commerce firms worried and what will change for online shoppers? Let’s find out.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, June 24 2021. 06:10 IST