International Finance Corporation (IFC) plans to invest $23 million in Srinivasa Farms, a move that will support the Hyderabad-based firm's $83-million investment plans.
IFC's investment will be in the form of straight equity or compulsorily convertible preference shares or compulsorily convertible debentures in the company.
The money will help the company expand its existing layer, broiler and breeding operations by setting up additional farms and hatcheries, expand feed mills and add soy refineries, set up a food park, and set up chicken and egg processing businesses.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.