In an effort to boost employee morale and support them during Covid-19, Niyo, a fintech company, said it is offering 10-12 per cent salary hikes to employees. It is also offering bonuses and ESOPs (employee stock ownership plans), taking the total stock grants to over Rs 100 crore for all eligible employees. The salary increment and bonuses will be credited to the employees’ accounts by the end of this month.
Niyo is also planning to double the size of its tech and product teams by the end of March 2021. The company said it is starting these initiatives at a time when most fintech start-ups have laid off employees or cut salaries to reduce costs.
“Being employees for the first 15 years of our careers, my co-founder Vinay Bagri and I can relate to what our employees are going through and what their expectations are. Rewarding our employees for their patience and hard work is our humble way of supporting them in these challenging time
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.