The Latent View Analytics IPO performance took many by surprise, especially when the country’s largest IPO, that of Paytm, received tepid investor interest. Rajan Sethuraman, CEO, LatentView, attributes the interest in his firm to good old business traits of profitability and confidence in the business growth. In an interview with Shivani Shinde, Sethuraman talks about the company’s journey since 2006, why an IPO now and growth ahead. Edited excerpts:
On the listing day the company share prices were up almost 160 per cent. Did you anticipate this reaction from investors?
We were expecting a good response on the back of all the investor conversations we have had over the past three months. But last week, when the IPO subscription happened, we were overwhelmed. It was definitely much higher than what even we anticipated. Yes, it was a pleasant positive surprise, but not entirely unanticipated.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.