Walmart-backed PhonePe has emerged the top unified payments interface (UPI) application (app) in December, with 902.03 million transactions accounting for Rs 1.82 trillion, followed by Google Pay with 854.49 million transactions worth Rs 1.76 trillion, thus, controlling the lion’s share of the UPI market, according to the data by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, January 18 2021. 23:04 IST