After reporting better-than-expected results in the third quarter, analysts have increased their earnings estimates for Polycab India. They cite sustained growth in the fast-moving electrical goods (FMEG) segment, higher business-to-consumer (B2C) mix, and market share gains as key reasons for the upgrade.
Revenue in the third quarter (Q3) grew nearly 12 per cent year-on-year (YoY) to Rs 2,799 crore, driven by 6 per cent and 41 per cent growth in wires & cables and FMEG sales, respectively. Operating margins remained steady, while net profit rose 19 per cent, aided by cost-control measures and higher other income.
Polycab has witnessed good traction in the FMEG space since its foray into this business in 2014. The company has strategically expanded its product offerings and leveraged its large distribution network to grow this business. This, in turn, has helped revenue from this vertical record a compound annua
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.