Telecom operators and over-the-top (OTT) platforms are plugging into each other’s subscriber bases, hoping to build stickiness into their customer relationships. For Airtel, Vodafone Idea and Jio, the tie-ups are also an attempt to step away from conversations around service issues and breakdowns, as more and more people log into their networks from home, and steer the online chatter towards entertainment.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, July 16 2020. 06:01 IST