Tesla’s proposed entry into the Indian market next year is set to generate lot of excitement around electric vehicles (EVs) and make them aspirational. However, with prices likely to start from Rs 55-60 lakh, it will be affordable to only a handful. To begin with, Tesla will take an imported route for its initial innings and therefore attract high duties. It will also not be eligible for the FAME scheme.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, December 29 2020. 20:10 IST