Chaitanya Ramalingegowda’s job is to ensure that people sleep peacefully through his sleep-technology and mattress brand Wakefit.co. But as a founder, it has been a constant struggle for him to be able to get the daily 9-hour sleep. After the Covid-19 outbreak last year, followed by pandemic-related restrictions, he had to double down on everything to ensure the business remained afloat. His efforts paid off. The coronavirus pandemic has now accelerated his business three-fold as people work from home and are investing in their health. This is also because people have been impacted by stress, health risks, and career turbulences due to the pandemic. Sequoia-backed Wakefit is now valued at about Rs 2,000 crore, which is a 10-fold increase in the last one year, not witnessed in any other consumer brand.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, February 16 2021. 18:08 IST