Banks are again facing stress in the unsecured loan segment, after a gap of 13 years. Most private banks that had grown their unsecured loans portfolios like credit card and personal loans aggressively in the last few years are now seeing repayment falling overdue in the October-December quarter. However, those loans have not been classified as non-performing asset (NPA) due to the Supreme Court order in September that directed banks not to classify loans as NPA, which were not declared as NPA as on August 31, till further orders.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, February 22 2021. 15:54 IST