Vistara’s Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) Vinod Kannan will take over as the airline’s chief executive officer (CEO) from January 1 as incumbent Leslie Thng returns to Singapore Airlines in a senior role.
The CEO transition was announced on Tuesday, a day before submission of financial bids for Air India.
Thng, who is on deputation from Singapore Airlines, took charge as Vistara CEO in October 2017. Last July, the airline’s board approved his reappointment for a period of three years, beginning October. However, Thng’s colleagues don’t see his exit as a surprise and said this is in line with Singapore Airlines’ job rotation policies.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.