Chinese smartphone maker Vivo is looking at a further investment of around Rs 8 billion in India. The company has so far invested around Rs 3 billion in the country with a manufacturing facility in Greater Noida.
The company is the second largest in terms of value in the Indian mobile phone market, with a market share of 18.5 per cent as on September 2018, said Vivo officials, quoting market research institute GfK.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, November 29 2018. 23:38 IST