- MHA transfers bureaucrat to Ladakh for misusing facilities at Delhi stadium
- Economists see limited impact of oil prices on India's GDP growth in Q4
- 'Thank God,' says Putin on exit of some foreign companies from Russia
- Union Bank to raise up to Rs 8,100 cr in capital for business expansion
- Govt calls off BPCL privatisation process, will do 'comprehensive review'
- Elon Musk sued by Twitter investors for delayed disclosure of stake
- PM Modi picks Tamil pitch, CM Stalin targets Centre over 'true federalism'
- Govt brings import of paper under compulsory registration from Oct 1
- ONGC to invest Rs 31,000 cr over next 3 years in finding oil, gas
- Wall Street surges over 1.5% on upbeat forecasts from retailers, Fed relief
Covid LIVE: Delhi records 85 fresh cases, lowest daily rise this year
Stay tuned for news related to the pandemic
A health worker takes a nasal swab sample from a person for COVID-19 test inside a mobile van, in Amritsar (Photo: PTI)
Corona updates: India has recorded 48,698 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the country's total coronavirus caseload to 30,183,143. India also recorded a spike in new deaths with 1,183 fatalities being reported yesterday. The death toll now stands at 394,493. The Centre on Friday informed that 50 cases of Delta Plus variant of Covid-19 have been recorded across 11 states of India, adding that the maximum number of such cases were in Maharashtra.
Kerala reported 11,546 new infections, followed by Maharashtra (9,677), Tamil Nadu (5,755), Andhra Pradesh (4,458), Karnataka (3,310), Delhi (115) and West Bengal (1,933).
The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (6,017,035), Kerala (2,865,871), Karnataka (2,826,754), Tamil Nadu (2,455,332), and Andhra Pradesh (1,871,475).
World coronavirus update: Covid-19 is continuing to spread around the world, with 181,160,192 confirmed cases and 3,924,413 deaths across nearly 200 countries recorded since China reported its first cases in December 2019. The US remains the worst-hit country with 34,481,765, followed by India, Brazil, France and Russia.
To read updates from our yesterday's blog, click here