- UK's Sunak says one-off cost-of-living support to reach $46.6 bn
- Chipmaker Broadcom to buy cloud services firm VMware in $61-bn deal
- West Bengal Cabinet decides CM will be chancellor of state universities
- Funding may dry up for next 12-18 months: Unacademy CEO tells employees
- Govt to take action against fake reviews on e-commerce platforms
- Indian fintech's success an example of popular support for reforms: Modi
- India's protectionist moves spark concern that rice may be next target
- Sidhu's special diet in jail: Lactose-free milk, almonds, chamomile tea
- Govt notifies new vehicle insurance rates, will be applicable from June 1
- Shell may sell Russian LNG plant stake to Indian consortium: Report
Coronavirus LIVE: 6 mn doses given Thurs; 109 new cases in Delhi
Today's coronavirus numbers: Bengaluru (1,008 cases), Mumbai (863 cases), Chennai (396 cases), Kolkata (178 cases), Delhi (111 cases). Stay tuned for corona-related news
Corona updates: India has recorded 54,069 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the country's total coronavirus caseload to 30,082,778. With this, the country's test positivity rate stands at 2.9 per cent. India also recorded a spike in new deaths with 1,321 fatalities being reported yesterday. The death toll now stands at 39,1981.
Kerala reported 12,787 new infections, followed by Maharashtra (10,066), Tamil Nadu (6,596), Andhra Pradesh (4,684), Karnataka (4,436), Delhi (111) and West Bengal (1,852).
The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (5,997,587), Kerala (2,842,247), Karnataka (2,819,465), Tamil Nadu (2,443,415), and Andhra Pradesh (1,862,036).
World coronavirus update: Covid-19 is continuing to spread around the world, with 180,344,772 confirmed cases and 3,906,774 deaths across nearly 200 countries recorded since China reported its first cases in December 2019. The US remains the worst-hit country with 34,448,896, followed by India, Brazil, France and Turkey.
To read updates from our yesterday's blog, click here