- US allows Tahawwur to file additional reply in extradition case to India
- Rajinikanth to be bestowed with Dada Saheb Phalke award: Javadekar
- Saudi daily lauds Indian govt's development, welfare initiatives in J-K
- India condemns violence in Myanmar, calls for release of detained leaders
- Biden lets H-1B visa bans expire; Indian IT professionals to benefit
- Indian envoy, Alabama guv discuss expanding economic, commercial ties
- Maharashtra govt to reinstate 5% stamp duty on property registrations
- Top headlines: Interest on small savings cut; inflation target unchanged
- Fuel prices ease after record high, LPG to be cheaper by Rs 10 from today
- Fourth batch of three Rafale fighter jets land in India: Indian Air Force
Cyclone Amphan LIVE: IAF readies 25 aircraft, 31 choppers for relief ops
Cyclone Amphan update: Stay tuned with Business Standard on cyclone Amphan landfall, cyclone alert, weather update and more
Cyclone Amphan LIVE updates: The central government will give West Bengal Rs 1,000 crore and Rs 500 crore to Odisha as interim assistance for the damage caused by Cyclone Amphan, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday after a visit to the two states.
Families of those killed will get Rs 2 lakh each as ex-gratia and the injured will get Rs 50,00, he said after flying over flooded areas of West Bengal. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said 80 people have died in the cyclone and requested Modi to treat it as a national disaster.
The India Meteorological Department said squalls with wind speed at 30- 40 kmph are "very likely" in Meghalaya and west Assam in the next 12 hours.
Stay tuned for LIVE updates on cyclone Amphan and weather updates