- Decisions on Article 370, triple talaq within 10 weeks of new govt: PM Modi
- Top 10 biz headlines: PM to take call on stimulus, exports recover & more
- 73rd Independence Day: NSG sniper to SWAT, heavy security deployed in Delhi
- PM Modi greets nation on 73rd Independence Day, Raksha Bandhan
- Top events today: PM Modi to address nation, WTO panel meet and more
- PM Modi's I-Day speech LIVE: Use everything local for a better tomorrow
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy over alleged ceasefire violations along LoC
- UNSC likely to hold session on J&K on Aug 16 after China's request
- Pak to give top military awards to two pilots for post-Balakot aerial fight
- Nationalism a show-stopper on I-Day after govt scraps J&K's special status
Independence Day 2019 LIVE: Big defence, infra push; PM's key announcements
Independence Day speech LIVE updates: Prime Minister Narendra Modi's address to the nation concludes. Know important highlights of the prime minister's speech
Modi addresses the nation on India's 73rd Independence Day
Independence Day LIVE updates: In his address to the nation on the 73rd Independence Day from the ramparts of the Red Fort, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said that within 10 weeks of returning to power, his government took key decisions to fulfil the aspirations of the people, citing the new law on triple talaq and the scrapping of the special status accorded to Jammu and Kashmir.
The abrogation of the special status to Jammu and Kashmir and the law to ban the practice of instant triple talaq were some of the key decisions taken by the government soon after it assumed power for the second term, he said. PM Modi also said that his government has dedicated itself on all fronts in the service of countrymen.
Meanwhile, Jammu & Kashmir police have beefed up security in Poonch's border area. Additional Army force and local police have been deployed in the area.
Ahead of I-day celebrations in the country, multi-layered security arrangements have been put in place across the national capital. In wake of the abrogation of Article 370, which accorded a special status to Jammu & Kashmir, security has been beefed up across New Delhi and neighbouring border areas.
Stay tuned for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s address to the nation and all live updates on Independence Day 2019 celebrations across India.