- Red Fort violence: Court grants bail to actor-activist Deep Sidhu
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh expresses shock at mass shooting incident in US
- US FedEx shooting: Jaishankar assures all assistance to Sikh community
- Four Sikhs among eight killed in mass shooting at FedEx facility in US
- Petrol, diesel price unchanged for 2nd consecutive day as OMCs observe mood
- US, Japan pledge to strengthen Quad to build free, open Indo-Pacific region
- IAF to reorient for future challenges, prep roadmap for asset utilisation
- Shortcomings of multilateral system laid bare by pandemic, says Shringla
- Odisha government grants mining lease of Utkal-E coal block to NALCO
- Top headlines: Govt push to step up vax output; normal monsoon in 2021
West Bengal polls LIVE: EC notice to Mamata for 'communal' appeal
Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee | Photo: ANI
The President Ram Nath Kovind on Wednesday promulgated the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021. The Cabinet had approved on 31st March 2021 the proposal to make amendments in the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code), through the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021.
Meanwhile, the government today approved a production-linked incentive scheme for air-conditioner and LED light sectors with an outlay of Rs 6,238 crore. The proposal was approved in a Union Cabinet meeting, which was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Union Cabinet also gave nod to the production linked incentive (PLI) scheme with an outlay of Rs 4,500 crore to add 10,000 MW capacity of integrated solar PV modules manufacturing plants.
In another news, a Mumbai court today extended the NIA custody ofsuspended Mumbai police officer Sachin Waze till April 9 in the case of an explosives-laden SUV found near industrialist Mukesh Ambani's residence and the death of businessman Mansukh Hiran.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.